Friday, January 15, 2010

Christmas '09

Okay, I'm FINALLY updating with Christmas pics!! :)

The weekend before Christmas, our neighbor Matt (soccer guy) spent the day with us. The guys were troopers and made Christmas cookies with me!

Benny and Matt making the dough:


Matt got a little messy decorating the cookies...


The masters at work:


Benny got to drive up to Lafayette on December 21st. I had to stay in Anderson to work, but got to join them on the 23rd.

Benny, Kathy and Shaun:


A silly one...


Shaun, Benny and Kyle on "Christmas Morning" (we opened presents on the 24th because I had to work again on the 24th at 7pm).


After I got off of work on Christmas Day, we drove to Columbia to spend a few days with my family!!

We got to spend a couple of hours with my (step) sister and brother, Chris and Crystal. Crystal is married and they have a precious little boy named Ian (1 1/2 year old) who I hadn't met yet!! It was so great to catch up with them, and to meet Ian!!
Me and Crystal:


My older brother David is a pilot/flight instructor. He wanted to take Benny flying while we were in town! But, Benny didn't just go for a little ride...he flew the plane!! He drove the plane while it was on the ground, did the takeoff, and flew around Columbia! (David landed the plane.)

Benny and David in the plane:


Doing their checkoffs:


And afterwards! Can you believe how small that plane looks??!!


I also got some precious time with my dear (and one of my longest) friends Liz and her family. (I mean Rory...that's for you, Leslie and Jess!) I am so thankful for her, and that no matter how much time passes between visits, we could spend hours talking!

Me and Liz with her beautiful girls, Charlotte and Riley:


Benny and Jon (Liz's husband):


The last night we were there, we played an intense game of Sequence with my Mom and David.
My Mom and I with our bowl of popcorn, ready to play!



Merry Christmas!! :)

1 comment:

jess said...

First, could Charlotte Horn possibly look more like her Mama?! They are identical!

Second, your mom is adorable.

Third, merry Christmas (belated)! Glad you got some great family and friend catch up time!!