Sunday, October 4, 2009

Autumn

I love the fall...the cool, crisp air, the leaves changing colors, drinking hot apple cider, buying pumpkins... I think I appreciated the changing seasons a little bit when I was growing up, but I think that spending three years in Lousiana where there were only two seasons: "really hot" and "not quite as hot" has made me appreciate the four distinct seasons offered in the midwest even more.

Here's an update of the last month or so:

A trip out to eat with the Galemas: Benny with Cassity and Jared in the back of the van.


We had dinner last weekend with our new, wonderful friends, the Canfields. Afterwards, we played Scattegories, Dance Dance Revolution, and Rock Band. Here's our awesome band (Troy, Katrina, me and Benny):


Betsy (one of the girls I mentor) is in Anderson University's production of the musical "Into the Woods." We went to see her on Friday night, and she did an amazing job!


Fall for the Bennisons definitely means lots of soccer! Benny has been super busy with games, practice, and recruiting (and his classes for grad school), but he always does an unbelievable job being intentional to find time for us to spend time together. It's been really great to be so close to campus and the game field...he can zip over after practice to see me before I leave for work, and I've been able to walk to all of the games! Also, we've been blessed to be able to open our home to lots of the students for dinner, and three of the soccer players live across the street! The next group of pics are from the first half of the soccer season:

Our new friends from church, the Holzworths came with their kiddos to a game a few weeks back. Me and Christy:


Todd and Benny:



Betsy and me during halftime of one of the women's games:



One of our good friends from Ruston had a week of meetings in Muncie, IN (which is only 20 or so minutes up the road) so he came to a game with me, and we got some great hang out time with him when he was finished with work stuff. We were so thankful we got to see him. And he probably has one of the greatest laughs we've ever heard! We miss you, James!




The men's soccer team heckling the opposing team during a women's game last week:





Benny addressing the team before their game on Saturday in Hanover, IN.



Benny and Coach Fridley watching the game. I love that whenever I catch a picture of them standing by eachother, they're always posed the same!


Wendy (coach Fridley's wife) and I rode with the team on the bus to the game against Hanover this weekend. We left at 8:30am and got back at around 9pm. It was a long day, but we enjoyed the time with our hubbies, and we always enjoy our time together! I am SO thankful for her!


I hope you are enjoying and appreciating your fall...and thanking God for His awesome creativity!

1 comment:

Liz said...

I also love the fall. And even better than the fall...you. I love you Rachel Bennison. Wish I could sit on the bench with you and talk during a soccer game.