Saturday, August 29, 2009

Higgings Lake, Michigan

So I've noticed a trend with my blogging...for some reason I wait about two weeks to post the pictures I've taken. I'll try to get better, but for now... TWO WEEKENDS ago, Adam, Leslie, and Ryleigh Galema went up to Higgins Lake in Michigan with us. Benny's Dad and wife, Leta have a house on the lake that we were blessed to enjoy.

Here's a couple of pics from the shore at sunset:




The view from the back porch:


Adam and Leslie relaxing on the beach Saturday morning:


Busting out my Kanakuk counselor skills on the kayak. (I felt like I was breaking a rule by not wearing my "C.O" hat...all you Kanakukers know what I'm talkin' about!)


Benny coming in from a fun ride on the jet ski:


Saturday night, Larry and Leta took us out to dinner at "Fred's Fine Dining and Bowling." That's right... fine dining AND bowling! One half of the building had a restaurant with yummy food, then the other half was a bowling alley! We definitely took advantage of both! Leslie and I forgot to bring socks with us to the lake, so we purchased the most beautiful ones we could find across the street at the Dollar General:


A little close up: (Leslie definitely tight rolled her pants)


After dinner and bowling, we made a campfire down by the lake for s'mores!
Leslie and Adam, by the campfire:


Benny and me:


Adam and Benny roasting our 'mallows for our s'mores:


Leslie being all "out-doorsey" with her citronella candle:


Playful Benny with his silly Dad:


Larry, Benny and Adam.


Larry and Benny, acting a little more normal:


Me and Les:


And of course, our precious baby Ryleigh. She was SO good on the trip!


We were so sad we had to leave Sunday afternoon, but can't wait to go back again! It was so relaxing and such a great time with Adam, Leslie, Larry and Leta!

1 comment:

Liz said...

You guys are traveling fools! Come here next! The Galema's look like such a fun family. Plus, their baby daughter has a cool name :) Love that you felt funny with out your C.O. hat, plus, I don't think that sassy suit is k-rated. It was super cute though, and so are you! Love you buddy!!