Sunday, October 14, 2007

No more night shifts!!

For the past year and 8 months, I have worked either two or three 12-hour night shifts a week in Labor and Delivery. This means two or three nights a week that I've been away from Benny during the evenings, and that I've had to sleep during everyone else's waking hours. But, Tuesday, October 2 marked my first "day shift". I'm now working three 12-hour shifts DURING THE ACTUAL DAYTIME. It's been a little bit of an adjustment, but we're loving that I get off at 7pm and can still hang out for a few hours in the evening. What a blessing!

3 comments:

jess said...

Yay!!

I am so excited for you. I worked nights for almost four years, and when I finally went to days I was like "why the HECK did I wait so long?!" I loved it! Not that it's always you waiting...sometimes the shift just isn't available. But anyway, I am thrilled for you.

You will love having your evenings back, and getting to be a "normal" person like everyone else :)

Welcome to Days!

Liz said...

yea! wont it be nice to live a normal schedule like the rest of the world? i cant wait to see you in only a few months :)

Genese said...

Rach-
Thats great!! I hate nights!!! Getting off nigths was one of the greatest thing for our marriage. I am excited for you...hope it is going well!