Sunday, March 1, 2009

My Baptism!

Today after church, I was baptized! (I was baptized as an infant, but I believe that baptism is an important step of obedience for every believer AFTER you have repented and accepted Jesus as your savior...see Acts 2:38. I became a Christian in junior high, but hadn't been baptized since.) It was such an incredible experience, because baptism symbolically unites us with the death, burial and resurrection of Christ (Romans 6:4-6). Several friends were there to celebrate the day with me, and Benny actually got to baptize me! He did such a great job facilitating the time, and he just helped to make it extra-special.

We both came into the baptistery, he introduced me (and brought a few tears to my eyes--of course-- because of the sweet things he said about me), and then I said a few things. He read some scripture, and then proceeded with the confession and baptism.













(My BIG, cheesy, I've-just-been-baptized-grin.)



Sweet little Jared Galema, afterwards.


Aden and Travis Daugherty.


Leslie Galema, Jess Daugherty and me.


These are two precious students from Anderson University who I'm blessed to be mentoring this year...Alison Bachtel and Betsy Reiff. (They both worked at Kanakuk last summer! Fun connection!)

I feel so blessed to have such wonderful friends and such an amazing husband...but even more, I am astounded at the loving and grace-centered relationship I get to pursue with Christ each and every day because of His death on the cross for each one of us!! God is so good!

2 comments:

jess said...

Rach, that is AWESOME. What a sweet testimony to your relationship with the Lord.

Liz said...

Yea! How fun! We actually are wondering if we should get the kids baptised as little ones, or let them make the decision by themselves. Jon and I both did it as our own decision, and that was really special. But, I love the Crossing, and the idea and symbol of being washed clean and entering into the family of Christ (even though the act itself doesnt actually make them Christians). Its still neat. I dont know. Anyway, I am excited for you! Love you! Wish I was closer and I would have been there too!